Less is more. Let me say it again. LESS is more. Cosmetic procedures, treatments, home care regimens…all of it should pass a strict litmus test for efficacy.
Consumers are moving away from trends of slathering on multiple lotions and potions from which they see little if any difference. For most patients, artfully applied subtle enhancements with neurotoxins (think Botox and Dysport) and dermal fillers (products like Restylane, Juvederm, and Versa) are preferable to overly exaggerated lips and cheeks with fully immobile expressionless foreheads. We are also looking to spend less time in a provider’s chair to achieve glowing results. Quick, safe and effective routines and procedures are the future.
Let’s talk home care. What ingredients really work and in what concentrations? What about delivery systems to push products deeper and more effectively into the skin? How do I know which products are effective and which don’t live up to their claims? Powerful ingredients in high enough concentrations to be effective are the single most important components of your at home skincare routine. Some of our favorites are listed below in bullet form for clarity:
- Hyaluronic Acid: The hydrating, plumping, ingredient that holds 1000 times its weight in water, literally pulling moisture from the air for your skin and working overtime to keep it dewy and hydrated. Look for high concentrations of Hyaluronic in our Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum from PCA and Solar Damage Gel from DMK.
- Retinol: This skincare powerhouse slows the visible signs of aging by speeding up the cell turnover process, tricking your aging cells into behaving like younger ones. The result is healthier looking, tighter skin, less congestion, fewer blemishes, brighter complexion and reversal of sun damage. Can anyone say miracle ingredient?!? Check out our full range of retinol products from PCA, which are formulated with powerful omnisome delivery systems to allow safer and deeper penetration in the skin for better results with less discomfort.
- Niacinamide: A form of vitamin B3, is highly effective at reducing redness caused by acne and rosacea due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Niacinamide also helps repair the skin’s barrier function, reduce transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and also helps with brightening! DMK’s Acu-Klear and Clearskin from PCA are packed with niacinamide and help reduce inflammation and acne, while B3 Brightening Serum from PCA and Melanotech Drops from DMK are pigment reducing potions you won’t regret.
- Vitamin C: The powerful anti-oxidant properties of vitamin c have long been a staple in the skincare world. Anti-oxidants fight free radicals on your skin thereby reducing the visible signs of aging. Sometimes a blended formula is best with Vitamin C as it is incredibly active and can cause irritation in its purest, most effective forms. However, blended with a little Vitamin E as PCA ingeniously does in their Advanced C &E formula and voila! Sheer perfection….as is DMK’s delicious Direct Delivery C, packed with 4 different types of this powerful ingredient for maximum efficacy.
- Peptides: You’ll find peptides listed under many different names in your list of ingredients. Matrixyl (Palmitoyl Pentapeptide) is a popular one. Peptides are chains of amino acids which are the building blocks that make up proteins in the body…including collagen. As we age collagen levels decrease. Applying potent peptides to the skin can trigger the body to produce more collagen and create a tighter, more youthful looking skin. Betagel from DMK is a powerful peptide serum. We also love the power couple: Total Strength and Ex-Linea from PCA.
The rest of our clinical team are here to provide results oriented treatments targeted to your unique skin conditions and tailored to fit your lifestyle.
Consulting with your skincare provider is critical to determining what your needs and goals are so we can help you treat them effectively. Using the right ingredients for the right conditions and cocktailing powerful potions together can take years off your face in the comfort of your own home.
What about clinical treatments? We all love a good spa day. The relaxation and self-care havens of the world are lovely experiences, but when results are the goal, medspas and skincare clinics are the best destinations. Within our facility, you’ll find a team of clinically trained, licensed professionals who are experts in their areas of expertise and will help guide you to the best treatments suited to your individual needs. Supervised by a world renowned facial plastic surgeon, our medical providers offer a range of cosmetic beauty treatments and procedures geared towards providing you the undetectable enhancements you crave. Artfully applied dermal fillers and neurotoxins can miraculously turn back the clock in the hands of a qualified injector.
Consult with one of our Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants today to determine the best treatment plan for you. The rest of our clinical team are here to provide results oriented treatments targeted to your unique skin conditions and tailored to fit your lifestyle. Peels, microneedling, and highly specialized enzyme therapy are our go to treatments for skin revision, and most of our treatments can be done in under and hour with little to no downtime. Contact us to discuss your individual needs. We look forward to being your life partner in skin wellness.